Sunday, September 25, 2011

Trees, Trees, Everywhere


Since Friday was the first day of Fall, I thought it was probably the right time for me to start writing again. And since Autumn happens to be my favorite season, it seemed necessary to have a post about Autumn-ly things.

Due to my East Coast season-withdrawal, I've been having an obsession with trees. Or rather, drawing them; on the pages of my planner, on the back of notes from class, on pieces of binder paper...  if you can think of a moderately blank surface that can be written on, there's a good chance there'll be a tree on it by the time I'm done with it.

      

In fact, it's gotten to the point where it's not even conscious. I'll be doodling, and look down, and BAM! There's a tree. Losing leaves. With a stop sign. I imagine by the end of October there'll be enough to cover a wall in my room, and even though that's not the same as a Vermont Autumn, at least it looks a bit like Autumn at all. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...