Friday, August 12, 2011

Self Esteem

In this day and age, people constantly hear that there is someone out there who will love them unconditionally, for exactly who they are.

Now whether or not this is true (but of course I'd like to believe it is), there are those out there who are plagued by the belief that they will find few, if any, people to love them for their entire selves. These people often feel the need to be reassured of others' affections for them, and that brings me to the point of this post: today's daily dose of Chocolate Needed is brought to you by a friend of mine's poor self-esteem, and his need for positive affirmation.

The face of poor self-esteem.
As you can see in the above photo, said friend is so self-conscious that he must cover half of his face with a fake flower.

The point: this friend is very cool. He is, in fact, quite awesome, and it is extremely upsetting that he has such a dangerously low vision of himself. I do the best I can to prevent him from falling into a pit of self-loathing, but it can be hard.

That is why I'm asking you, my dear readers, to do your part. With just a low monthly donation of 100 dollars, you too can be a self-esteem saver. To learn more about donating, visit the Facebook page of Michael Wood. He needs it.

Much love,


P.S. But on a serious note, I should probably add that low self-esteem is a genuinely difficult thing, and we should all compliment people, because it's nice and it makes them feel good about themselves.
"I like your hair. It feels very soft."


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...